Who are The Hopper?
Background on The Hopper
The Hopper is an integrated growth agency, selecting and nurturing the best ideas, products and services to fuel business growth across the B2B SaaS, digital entertainment and digital assets sectors. We love doing new things, and everything we do is informed by creativity, excellence and a solutions-focused approach.
Our belief is that successful businesses are those who embrace change and promote diversity of people, ideas and expertise.
Our culture and people
We work in an agile and highly collaborative way, trusting each other to challenge, adapt and perfect our ideas as we go. It’s an environment where ambitious, forward-thinking people can achieve great things.
Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders – from clients and business sponsors to a variety of technology teams – you’ll define AS-IS and TO-BE processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements.
In short, you’ll be a key person in creating our next strategic products that drive our business growth. You’ll be part of a super-motivated business team, working closely with teams from different business units. You’ll be critical to product excellence as you capture business requirements and translate them for our delivery teams.
You will be a masterful BA who is passionate about delivering a great product and would be excited by the challenges associated with a wide range of strategic projects, with both a technology and business focus.
You will work closely with various teams within the business. You will be experienced in the delivery of complex solutions, with the ability to think both analytically and strategically, with the confidence to challenge senior stakeholders where necessary.
Your ambition to succeed and mindset is as important as experience. We are fixated on growth and success in the role will be driven by your ability to maintain a ruthless focus on things that matter. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working independently, collaborating with teams in various locations, time zones and managing a portfolio of concurrent projects.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for applying appropriate models and techniques to elicit and document requirements.
- Influence organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Build appropriate and effective business relationships
- Lead requirements communication and validation across different product verticals. Use appropriate techniques to have requirements validated in efficient and quality manner.
- Ensure each team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared user stories to work on.
- Assess value, be detailed oriented, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value for your customers and wider product strategy.
- Collaborating with engineering teams to breakdown initiatives into epics and stories that provide incremental product improvement
What you’ll bring
- Experience in stakeholder management and requirement gathering
- Experience in writing proficient user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- A good understanding of the software development industry. Well-versed in Agile, Scrum and competing methodologies – and skilled at knowing when to use which
- Familiar with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Good at getting on with things in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Communicate effectively, both formally and informally
What’s in it for you
- A fantastic culture: highly professional and ambitious yet friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Great location: super-modern offices in London and Málaga with facilities including hot-desking, collaboration spaces, complementary snacks and drinks, and weekly social events
- Option for hybrid working: our team tends to split their days between the office and remote working, and you can work in either of our offices depending on your duties
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Annual learning and development budget per employee
- ‘Work from Anywhere’ allowance for up to four weeks of the year
- Six weeks sabbatical available after four years of employment
- Private medical insurance and pension plan
- A range of benefits including gym membership and Cycle to Work
- Season ticket loan.