Who are The Hopper?
Background on The Hopper
The Hopper is an integrated growth agency, selecting and nurturing the best ideas, products and services to fuel business growth across the B2B SaaS, digital entertainment and digital assets sectors. We love doing new things, and everything we do is informed by creativity, excellence and a solutions-focused approach.
Our belief is that successful businesses are those who embrace change and promote diversity of people, ideas and expertise.
Our culture and people
We work in an agile and highly collaborative way, trusting each other to challenge, adapt and perfect our ideas as we go. It’s an environment where ambitious, forward-thinking people can achieve great things.
Your responsibilities include prioritizing user requirements, analysing technical solutions and researching new tools. In this role, you should be highly analytical and able to understand business needs. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential. If you also have hands-on experience with technical projects, we’d like to meet you.
You will work closely with incubation and technology teams to ensure that proposed technical solutions align with objectives and meet our growth mission.
You’ll be working in a fast paced, multi-stakeholder environment where delivering effective business outcomes is crucial. You’ll have the ability to think analytically and strategically, capable of building strong relationships, assimilating and analysing information in order to collaborate with those around you.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of software engineers, with a willingness engage with other teams to manage dependencies and resolve impediments.
- Work with stakeholders to clarify, document and define objectives, requirements and success metrics.
- Identify customer journeys and user flows, and incorporate them into the analysis and requirements.
- Maintain a technical understanding of the solution being delivered, offering analysis and input to help improve the process and solution.
- Facilitate stakeholder demos, user acceptance testing, and agile project delivery.
- Promote and pro-actively facilitate innovation by investigating new tools, technologies and methodologies.
- Work closely with the product strategists and senior engineers to identify suitable technical solutions for various initiatives and projects.
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality.
- Provide and receive feedback via code reviews, retrospectives and help to remove technical blockers affecting other team members.
- Promote the use of shared infrastructure, frameworks, services and applications to reduce cost and improve information flow.
- Be willing to actively participate and present project findings in workshops, learning labs and hackathons.
What you’ll bring
- Good understanding of what quality code means and solid understanding web-based applications.
- Excellent technical research and analytics skills.
- Good communication ability with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and explain concepts to colleagues with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate technical standards to meet business requirements.
- An agile approach to project delivery, and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of commonly used testing practices (unit, component, and E2E testing).
- Comfortable with some levels of ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology.
- Someone displaying a sense of ownership and willing to take on responsibility.
- A collaborative, respectful attitude, displaying emotional intelligence and empathy.
Our people enjoy…
- A fantastic culture: highly professional and ambitious yet friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Great location: super-modern offices in London and Málaga with facilities including hot-desking, collaboration spaces, complementary snacks and drinks, and weekly social events
- Option for hybrid working: our team tends to split their days between the office and remote working, and you can work in either of our offices depending on your duties
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Annual learning and development budget per employee
- ‘Work from Anywhere’ allowance for up to four weeks of the year
- Six weeks sabbatical available after four years of employment
- Private medical insurance and pension plan
- A range of benefits including gym membership and Cycle to Work
- Season ticket loan.